Saturday, December 14, 2013

Yummy French Toast

You'll probably love this French Toast.

Funny. Just starting a blog seemed to empty my mind.  Oh, the pressure.  Anyway...

Many bloggers, at least the ones I follow, share favorite recipes.  I'm just a beginner cook, so I'd like to share wonderful recipes I've tried.  Yeah, seriously, at my age, I'm just learning.  It never occurred to me that I didn't know how to cook.  No one taught me, I just did it.  My first husband ate everything, so I didn't know the difference.  I thought my second husband was just picky.  Well, he is, but I still didn't know how to cook.  I was too busy working full time to even think about it.  All I cared about were putting the "three basic food groups" on the table  for my family.  At least I offered the right food, right?  Not exactly.  The vegetables were out of cans.  The meats were prepackaged and frozen.  Pasta dinners came out of boxes. Apologies to my kids.  I was honestly doing my best at the time.

About a year ago, I cleaned out our cupboards of processed foods.  I'd decided that healthy food was good medicine, and by God, my husband and I were going to get healthy.  You can't get rid of processed foods without learning how to cook.  And, who would have thought, with the time and resources, I love to cook! Like I said, I'm just a beginner.  This morning, I made French Toast.  It's the second time I've used this wonderful French Toast recipe from Alton Brown.  I don't know what that was I used to make, but this is the only way I'll make French Toast from now on.  It's crispy on the outside with a creamy custard on the inside.  As you can see, I like sour cream instead of syrup.  I follow the recipe exactly.  And, I stopped mid-scarffing to take a photo for you, too.  Enjoy...


French Toast on the Food Network,

No comments:

Post a Comment